Is your depression making it hard for you to get out of bed and face the day?
Maybe you’re finding it difficult to socialize with other people and you just want to be left alone. Perhaps you feel hopeless or sad and don’t understand why. It’s natural to feel sad every once in a while, but when you feel overwhelmed with sadness everyday, you may be experiencing depression. Depression is a serious mental health issue and needs to be treated by a doctor or therapist. You CAN feel better and begin to live your life again.
Do you think you’re depressed? Below are the symptoms of depression:
- Feeling sluggish and tired most days of the week
- Feeling sad for long periods of time, most days of the week
- Wishing you were dead or intentionally hurting yourself
- Feeling worthless or hopeless
- Loss of interest in activities you used to enjoy
- Change in appetite
- Feeling guilty for no reason
- Change in normal sleep patterns
If you are experiencing some of these symptoms and don’t feel like your usual self, chances are you may be suffering from depression.
You are not alone and you can get better. Counseling has been proven effective at treating depression.
Contact me if you’re ready to schedule a counseling appointment.
Facts About Depression…
- Depression is a common mental health disorder. Globally, more than 264 million people of all ages suffer from depression.
- Depression is a leading cause of disability worldwide and is a major contributor to the overall global burden of disease.
- More women are affected by depression than men.
- Close to 800,000 people die due to suicide every year, which is one person every 40 seconds.
- There are indications that for each adult who dies by suicide, there may be more than 20 others that attempt suicide.
- There are effective psychological and pharmacological treatments (counseling and medication) for moderate and severe depression.
*Facts provided by World Health Organization.
Don’t wait to get help. Depression is treatable. You DESERVE to feel like yourself again!