Why I do this work
Through my own personal journey with substance use and mental health, I have learned how important it is to have support. After struggling for too long, I sought out professional help. With the help of a therapist, I consistently worked on myself. That process completely changed my life. I had control over my life and could choose what it would look like. Since beginning therapy, it has become a regular part of my life. The transformation I went through inspired me to help others. Everyone deserves compassion and the opportunity to change.
I have been living in recovery for 11 years. In 2015, I began working as a counselor helping those with substance use and mental health issues. By doing my own work with therapists, I have learned how to manage my mental health and value the support that the therapeutic relationship provides. I am passionate about helping people in early recovery and those who have recently decided to stop using drugs and alcohol. So much change and growth is happening at this time and I love being a part of it! I truly enjoy helping my clients learn to love and believe in themselves.
How Change Happens
There are many ways to grow and change. Each therapist has their own perspective on how this change happens. My belief is that we all strive to find meaning and purpose in our lives. This influences our choices, behaviors, and perceptions of the world. Although I don’t focus on the past, I do explore past experiences and relationships with my clients. Our history stays with us and effects who we are today. Through the therapy process, you learn what is important to you, what you want to achieve, and what needs to change in order to get there.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Lenoir-Rhyne University, Asheville, NC.
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor Associate – A12306, NC Board of Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselors.
- Licensed Clinical Addictions Specialist – LCAS-21112, NC Addictions Specialist Professional Practice Board
- National Board Certified Counselor – 684096, National Board for Certified Counselors.
- Completion of 50 hours of EMDR training and consultation from Personal Transformation Institute.
Are you ready to get support, feel better, and start living life again? Schedule your first therapy session!
Learn More About Counseling Services